Joe Rodríguez is currently the Deputy State Director for the Office of United States Senator Richard Blumenthal where he supervises the Senator’s state staff and oversees two offices. Previously, Joe served as the Connecticut Outreach Organizer for the Senator where he was a liaison between the Senator's constituency and his Hartford and Washington D.C. Offices. During this time he played a key role in decisions around immigration, housing, education, and issues impacting the island of Puerto Rico.
Joe is the proud father of a New Haven Public School student and active parent at Benjamin Jepson Magnet. For the longest, he has been active in community service and advocacy - believing in the importance of everyone having a seat at the table when important decisions are being made.
He also continues to be a long-time advocate for youth issues, specifically engaging young people on the importance of community service, secondary education, and other civic duties. He is often seen visiting local schools for career days and other youth empowerment events.
Joe is a lifelong New Haven resident and product of the public school system.
Other Past and Current Memberships Include:
• Workforce & Community Council, Hartford Job Corps
• Member, National Puerto Rican Agenda
• Parent Team, Benjamin Jepson Magnet
• Member, Community Impact Committee, United Way of Greater New Haven
• Chairman, Connecticut Hispanic Democratic Caucus
• Board of Directors, Fair Haven Community Health Center
• Board of Directors, Connecticut Center for Arts and Technology
• Co-Founder, PRU-Puerto Rican Festival of New Haven
• Parent Team, Early Childhoods Learning Center
• City of New Haven Youth Council
• City of New Haven Board of Alders