CENTRO Archives provides fee-based reproduction services for collection material, based on the following considerations:
- Compliance with collection donor and other restrictions.
- Size and format of the original item.
- Condition of the original item.
- Staff resources to manage the reproduction request.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of copies made; to restrict the use of rare and valuable items; and to deny a request due to copyright regulations, privacy rights, donor-imposed regulations, or other rights related issues.
Reproduction services include digital scans of archival material, as well as providing high resolution files for existing digitized material found in CENTRO’s Digital Collections portal to both on- and off-site patrons. More information about our physical holdings are found in our guides to our collections.
How to Order
Staff will follow up with you to provide an invoice and permissions document (if applicable) to sign. We do not begin work on requests until payment has been received and once the request has been completed, we will follow up with you to deliver it via electronic file transfer.
We do not offer a RUSH option for reproduction services. Please plan your requests accordingly and contact us well in advance of any deadlines if you have questions about a timeline for a reproduction request you are contemplating. We strive to make our collections accessible and widely used, if you have questions about pricing please feel free to contact us.
Requests enter our copy queue in the order that payment is received. The turnaround time for most requests is six to eight weeks.
Formats and Pricing
- PDF Scan – folder
- Full color scan, $25.00 per folder*
- Requests are for personal research use only. A maximum of 1 folder may be requested.
High Resolution Digital Capture
- High Resolution TIFF
- Full color, lossless capture, minimum 300 to maximum 600 dpi
- $15.00 per capture
- High Resolution TIFF, previously captured
- Previously scanned items available in CENTRO’s Digital Collections portal. Resolution is 300 dpi maximum
- $5.00 per file
- Oversized and Special Services Capture
- For originals greater than 18”x24”, high-res capture over 600 dpi, slides, negatives, etc.
- Our ability to complete oversized and special service captures requires staff assessment. We reserve the right to refuse requests that overextend our staffing or technological capabilities.
- Beginning at $25.00 per capture
- Analog to Digital Duplication (outside vendor)
- Digitization, quality control of content, ingest into digital repository, production of repository access copy and personal copy for researcher
- Price varies, typically between $50.00-$200.00 per item
- Previously Digitized Audio .mp3 or .wav file
- For audio content already digitized according to preservation protocol/ captured digitally
- $10.00 per file, delivery mechanism TBD based on item.
- Previously Digitized Moving Image, .mp4 or .mov file
- For moving image content already digitized according to preservation protocol/ captured digitally
- $20 per file, delivery mechanism TBD based on item.
- CENTRO only supplies reproductions electronically
- Transmission of PDFs or TIFF files
- No charge (usually via Dropbox)
Image Publication Fees
- Usage fee for print – $15
- Licensing for film – Accessed on a per request basis.