The Centro has 2 full-time research positions to fill as early as the Spring 2015 or as late as the 2015-16 academic year: Research Associate and Research Associate (post-doc for one year).
Hunter Event feed
- Successful Millennium Book Tour ConcludesOn Saturday, November 8, Centro Director Dr. Edwin Meléndez concluded the Millenium Book Tour at the Centro de Estudios Avanzados de Puerto Rico y el Caribe in San Juan.
- Two Centro Collections on View in Exhibit at El Museo Del BarrioPLAYING WITH FIRE: Political Interventions, Dissident Acts, and Mischievous Actions is currently on display until January 3rd 2015 at El Museo del Barrio.
- Bomba and Plena Rocked El BarrioLast week Centro’s special event Raíz de Bomba y Plena shook the walls of the auditorium at the Silberman School of Social Work in El Barrio.
- One million Puerto Ricans in Florida by the end of 2014By the end of 2014, Florida will become the second state behind New York to exceed a population of one million Puerto Ricans.
- Centro’s Oral History Project Presented to the CommunityOn October 22nd, Centro presented our Oral History Project to members of the community at Hunter College.
- Puerto Rican Heritage Month Sale at Centro StorePuerto Rican Heritage Month Sale at Centro Store The Centro Store is having a 30% off sale on all of our merchandise
- Call for Paper Special Issue of CENTRO JournalCounterstreaming: Assessing the impact of Cultural Remittances on Puerto Rico
Upcoming 2014 Events
- Meet the Author
Becoming Julia de Burgos: The Making of a Puerto Rican Icon
Thursday December 4
6:00 – 8:00 pm
Hunter College, Faculty Dining Room
West Building, 8th Floor
Social & Newsletter
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) seeks proposals for fellowships and applications for research opportunities in Puerto Rican studies. Centro will provide limited funding on a competitive basis for the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. Centro is committed to facilitating research projects useful to those in community organizations, public policy and academia.