Hunter Event feed
- Centro at El Mini FestThis past Saturday, October 18th The Loisaida Center celebrated a family day (#elminifest) and Centro was there. Local Loisaida families, together with families from across town
- Centro Library and Archives Awarded Grant to Process Two Collections of Pioneering Puerto Rican WomenCentro was recently awarded a $14k grant in order to process two collections from a pair of trailblazing Puerto Rican women: Olga Méndez and Elba Cabrera.
- A Famed Reporter, a Quest by a Mom, a Pionera’s Unpublished Story, A Historical Novel and a Book Review…The next issue of Centro Voices is packed with five stories you will not want to miss.
- The Paradox of the Puerto Rican VoterAmong government office holders, Puerto Ricans are often represented in close proportion to their numbers as a percent of the voting age population in locations of long standing settlement.
- CENTRO Journal to Spotlight ChicagoThe Chicago Puerto Rican experience will be the subject of a special issue of CENTRO Journal in 2015, and the Chicago-based guest editors are calling for academic papers...
- Centro Takes New Research Book on the RoadA book tour promoting Centro’s newest research publication, Puerto Ricans at the Dawn of the New Millennium, will kick off with events in New York.
Social & Newsletter
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) seeks proposals for fellowships and applications for research opportunities in Puerto Rican studies. Centro will provide limited funding on a competitive basis for the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. Centro is committed to facilitating research projects useful to those in community organizations, public policy and academia.