Hunter Event feed
- CENTRO Journal to Spotlight ChicagoThe Chicago Puerto Rican experience will be the subject of a special issue of CENTRO Journal in 2015, and the Chicago-based guest editors are calling for academic papers...
- Centro Takes New Research Book on the RoadA book tour promoting Centro’s newest research publication, Puerto Ricans at the Dawn of the New Millennium, will kick off with events in New York.
- Centro’s Open House Opened New MindsLast Thursday, Centro opened its doors to Hunter students and it was a success. The west building cafeteria floor became crowded and alive with students...
- A Newly Organized Channel Just for YouCentro’s YouTube channel has just received a makeover. It is now more organized, better categorized and more pleasant to the eye and mind.
- The Center for Puerto Rican Studies Call for Oral History Interviewers and Writers Outside New York AreaCentro is requesting letters of interest and qualifications (CV) from researchers with experience in conducting oral histories of individuals and organizations in Puerto Rican communities
- A Novel, A Memoir, A Video… and A Parade Read Them, Hear Them in CENTRO VoicesScheduled to be published twice monthly, the new Voices will feature timely and exciting essays, fiction, memorias, research, opinion, history, poetry and visual art.
- Research Opportunities Investigating the Changing
Conditions of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans in New York The Center for Puerto Ricans Studies (Centro) and the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute (CUNY DSI) seeks research proposals
- Current CENTRO Journal Finds ‘Lost’ Literary Figures of Old New York The “lost” literature of early Puerto Rican migrants to New York gets to shine in the contemporary spotlight through six insightful essays in the newly released CENTRO Journal, Spring 2014 edition.
- Centro to Relaunch Voices E-Magazine
With New Look and New VisionThis fall the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) is relaunching Voices as an online magazine covering the current affairs, history, arts and culture of Puerto Ricans throughout the nation.
- Welcome Back Reminder Research and Fellowship OpportunitiesThis fall the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) is relaunching Voices as an online magazine covering the current affairs, history, arts and culture of Puerto Ricans throughout the nation.
Social & Newsletter
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) seeks proposals for fellowships and applications for research opportunities in Puerto Rican studies. Centro will provide limited funding on a competitive basis for the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. Centro is committed to facilitating research projects useful to those in community organizations, public policy and academia.