Centro has just received approval from CUNY for a new one-year post doctoral research associate position.
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) seeks a part time research assistant to provide research and organizational support to the Director.
Social & Newsletter
- Decorated Puerto Rican World War II Soldier From 65th Infantry Joins Archives CollectionAt a recent event held at Hunter College’s Silberman School of Social Work, Centro commemorated Puerto Rican soldiers of the 65th Infantry, known as The Borinqueneers; among those honored was Jesus Pedrosa..
- Preserving Puerto Rican Culture By Enhancing Centro’s Archives The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) honored seven cultural organizations and one community leader who have joined the ranks of Centro’s 100 Puerto Ricans at a reception at the Silberman School of Social Work in East Harlem.
- The Legacy of Centro Researcher Ricardo Campos Orta It was a gathering among old friends to remember and pay tribute to one of Centro’s early researchers, the late Ricardo Campos Orta...
- Centro Kicks off Book Tour in Puerto Rico of Soy Gilberto Gerena Valentín: memorias de un puertorriqueño en Nueva York From Centro to Centro, the Center for Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College is kicking off its tour of the new book Soy Gilberto Gerena...
- Key Cultural Organizations Join Centro’s 100 Puerto Ricans As part of the 40th anniversary and 100 Puerto Ricans Campaign for historical preservation, designed to add depth and breadth to the Centro Library and Archives’ collections, we are honoring seven cultural organizations...
- Puerto Rican Housing Characteristics This research brief reviews housing characteristics among the Puerto Rican population in the United States.
- Centro Honors Veterans Who Joined
100 Puerto Ricans Campaign Eleven veterans who served at different times in the U.S. military are now part of Centro’s 100 Puerto Ricans.
- Pura Belpré Returns to Her Island Centro’s latest publication, The Stories I Read to the Children, about the life and work of folklorist and librarian Pura Belpré, successfully completed its debut in Puerto Rico...