Centro full time positions
Centro staff is expanding and new job opportunities are available immediately for applicants with a range of education and experience, from students to seasoned professionals.
Centro has 5 part-time positions to fill as early as the Spring 2015.
Immediate hire Transcriber for Centro Disconnected Youth Project
- Becoming Julia de Burgos: The Making of a Puerto Rican IconNew dimensions of Julia De Burgos were reflected on, explored and shared last week in the presentation of the book Becoming Julia de Burgos: The Making of a Puerto Rican Icon
- Centro is Happening: Call for Papers and Job OpportunitiesThe Center for Puerto Rican Studies is pleased to announce available opportunities that range from fellowships for doctoral students, a call for papers and new job postings at Centro.
- Statement from Centro Director Edwin Meléndez on the Passing of Juan FloresCentro, Hunter College and CUNY have lost a dear friend and supporter with the passing of Juan Flores.
- In Visible Movement Book Presentation and DiscussionOn Thursday, November 20th, poet and scholar Tomás Urayoán-Noel presented his book In Visible Movement: Nuyorican Poetry from the Sixties to Slam (University of Iowa Press, 2014) at Hunter College,
- Successful Millennium Book Tour ConcludesOn Saturday, November 8, Centro Director Dr. Edwin Meléndez concluded the Millenium Book Tour at the Centro de Estudios Avanzados de Puerto Rico y el Caribe in San Juan.
- Two Centro Collections on View in Exhibit at El Museo Del BarrioPLAYING WITH FIRE: Political Interventions, Dissident Acts, and Mischievous Actions is currently on display until January 3rd 2015 at El Museo del Barrio.
Upcoming 2015 Events
Social & Newsletter
2015 Events Calendar Coming Soon
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) seeks proposals for fellowships and applications for research opportunities in Puerto Rican studies. Centro will provide limited funding on a competitive basis for the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. Centro is committed to facilitating research projects useful to those in community organizations, public policy and academia.