- Data Sheet on Puerto Rico's Economic Crisis: Leading United States — Puerto Rico Economic Policies, 1815 – 2016
- CALL FOR PAPERS/CONVOCATORIA: Revisiting Queer Puerto Rican Sexualities: Queer Futures, Reinventions, and ExclusionsRevisitando las Sexualidades Puertorriqueñas Queer: Futuros Queer, Reinvenciones y Exclusiones
- New Centro Data Brief: Puerto Rican Same-Sex Households in the U.SIn 2014 there were an estimated 10,842 Puerto Rican same-sex cohabitating couples in the United States discernible from publicly available Census Bureau data.
- New Centro Data Brief: Puerto Rican Same-Sex Households in the Puerto Rico
In 2014 there were an estimated 3,278 Puerto Rican same-sex couple households in Puerto Rico discernible from publicly available Census Bureau data.
- Have you ordered your copy of CENTRO Journal?
The Spring 2016 issue of CENTRO Journal is now available. This issue’s title is “Counterstreaming: Measuring the Impact of Cultural Remittances. Essays in honor of Juan Flores.
- Call for papers: “Puerto Rican Bomba: Syncopating Bodies, Histories, and Geographies”
This special issue of CENTRO Journal aims to engage with bomba as a living tradition that is simultaneously music and dance, culture and cultural product
- Did you come to our Diaspora Summit?
We are still inspired by the incredible turn out at Puerto Rico Puerto Ricans, Centro's first-ever diaspora summit that focused on the stateside impacts of the island's current crisis.
- Centro mourns death of friend, civil rights leader and community organizer, Gilberto Gerena Valentín
Centro, Hunter College and CUNY mourn the loss of a dear friend and champion of the Puerto Rican and Latino Community, Gilberto Gerena Valentín
Social & Newsletter
Centro Library and Archives Historical Preservation and Research Partnership Program Fall 2016-Spring 2017
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies Library and Archives seeks Partners to collect, archival material, conduct research, and disseminate new knowledge about the history of Puerto Rican individuals in communities in the United States.