Hunter Event feed
- A Novel, A Memoir, A Video… and A Parade Read Them, Hear Them in CENTRO VoicesScheduled to be published twice monthly, the new Voices will feature timely and exciting essays, fiction, memorias, research, opinion, history, poetry and visual art.
- Research Opportunities Investigating the Changing
Conditions of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans in New York The Center for Puerto Ricans Studies (Centro) and the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute (CUNY DSI) seeks research proposals
- Current CENTRO Journal Finds ‘Lost’ Literary Figures of Old New York The “lost” literature of early Puerto Rican migrants to New York gets to shine in the contemporary spotlight through six insightful essays in the newly released CENTRO Journal, Spring 2014 edition.
- Centro to Relaunch Voices E-Magazine
With New Look and New VisionThis fall the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) is relaunching Voices as an online magazine covering the current affairs, history, arts and culture of Puerto Ricans throughout the nation.
- Welcome Back Reminder Research and Fellowship OpportunitiesThis fall the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) is relaunching Voices as an online magazine covering the current affairs, history, arts and culture of Puerto Ricans throughout the nation.
- Centro Research Finds Dramatic Changes in Demographic and Socio-Economic Status of Puerto Ricans in U.S.Over the last decade, with a combination of emigration and mainland U.S. births, the Puerto Rican population living in the United States outnumbers that on the island.
- Three New Archival Collections Feature Former Congressman and Two ArtistsThree of the newest collections at the Centro Archives that are now open to the public for viewing are those of Robert García, the former congressman of the Bronx; Carlos Ortiz, a photographer and filmmaker and Ray Ramos, a composer, sonero, performer and bandleader
- Centro Exhibits Shaping Puerto Rican Identity:
Selections from the DIVEDCO CollectionThroughout June, Centro is hosting an art exhibit in East Harlem entitled Shaping Puerto Rican Identity:
Social & Newsletter
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) seeks proposals for fellowships and applications for research opportunities in Puerto Rican studies. Centro will provide limited funding on a competitive basis for the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. Centro is committed to facilitating research projects useful to those in community organizations, public policy and academia.