Centro full time positions
Centro staff is expanding and new job opportunities are available immediately for applicants with a range of education and experience, from students to seasoned professionals.
Search reopened, apply!
Research Associate post doc
Search reopened, apply!
Centro has 7 part-time positions to fill as early as the Spring 2015.
- Puerto Ricans in Social Media: The New BarriosAt Centro, we are deeply interested in best understanding the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. Today, that Puerto Rican experience includes a whole new world we have yet to explore: the internet.
- Millennium Book Tour Spring 2015Upcoming presentations in April
- Centro Teams Up with WIPR to Produce TV ShowThe Center for Puerto Rican Studies and CUNY announced today a partnership with WIPR-TV, Channels 6 and 3, to produce joint TV shows...
- Centro Spring Calendar of Events Announced!Centro is proud to announce an exciting calendar of events for the Spring semester.
- Symposium and Call for Papers:
One- Hundred Years of the Jones Act and Puerto Rican U.S. CitizenshipIn anticipation of the centennial (1917-2017) of the enactment of the 1917 Jones Act, the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (CENTRO) will sponsor a symposium...
- Millennium Book Tour Coming to a City Near YouFollowing the success of last fall’s book tour in support of Centro Publications’ Puerto Ricans at the Dawn of the New Millennium, new dates and cities are being added in the coming months.
- Becoming Julia de Burgos: The Making of a Puerto Rican IconNew dimensions of Julia De Burgos were reflected on, explored and shared last week in the presentation of the book Becoming Julia de Burgos: The Making of a Puerto Rican Icon
- Centro is Happening: Call for Papers and Job OpportunitiesThe Center for Puerto Rican Studies is pleased to announce available opportunities that range from fellowships for doctoral students, a call for papers and new job postings at Centro.
Social & Newsletter
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) seeks proposals for fellowships and applications for research opportunities in Puerto Rican studies. Centro will provide limited funding on a competitive basis for the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. Centro is committed to facilitating research projects useful to those in community organizations, public policy and academia.