Center for Puerto Rican Studies (Centro) is a research institute that is dedicated to the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States and that produces and disseminates relevant interdisciplinary research. Centro also collects, preserves, and provides access to library resources documenting Puerto Rican history and culture. We seek to link scholarship to social action and policy debates and contribute to the betterment of our community and the enrichment of Puerto Rican studies.
Centro, the only University-based research institute in the United States devoted to the interdisciplinary study of the Puerto Rican Experience, seeks an Operations Manager to collaboratively develop strategic and administrative plans for a more efficient operation and ensure administrative operations of the Center are optimal. This position reports to the Administrative Officer of Operations. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provides organizational management for programs and projects not limited to budget and personnel; assesses and makes recommendations to improve organizationalpolicies and proceduresof this unique Research Institute.
- Manages processing of all state-funded OTPS expenditures, i.e., travel, purchasing office supplies, equipment, and furniture and processing maintenance contracts.
- Oversees department staff payroll and personnel files.
- Manages departmental financial transactions and accountability, as well as, generating income and expense reports.
- Develops and implements improvements to processes that will enhancequality, productivity, and efficiency ofstudent services.
- Oversees the Centro eStore operations developed with E-Commerce and PayPal support, and manages the processing of individual and institutional orders, and order claims.
- Works collaboratively with the Centro Journal’s Managing Editor to publish Centro Journal and maintain the Subscriptions List.
- Assists the Admin. Officer of Operations with special and confidential HR-related projects.
- In conjunction with the Centro Outreach and Partnership staff, supervises planning and implementation of special projects.
- Trains and supervises administrative and professional staff.
- May act on behalf of Admin Officer in their absence
Bachelor’s Degree and six years relevant experience required.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
• MBA degree or equivalent.
• Experience in working in complex programs and organizations.
• Strong knowledge base of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
• Fluency in Spanish desirable.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages administrative and program activities of an academic or administrative unit.
- Manages administrative aspects of department operations such as admissions, recruitment, scheduling, facilities management, and events.
- Serves as Office Manager, supervising and training staff, managing financial operations and budgets, and coordinating technology, equipment, security, and building maintenance requirements.
- Represents management in meetings and activities related to department administration.
- Maintains archives, inventories, or collections of materials or records needed by the department.
- Works with fund-raising, marketing, technology, and other personnel to provide information and participate in Campus or University-wide initiatives.
- Collect information for, produce, and distribute department reports covering program, fiscal, and human resources issues
- Independently carries out unit activities such as approvals, student interactions, and participation in campus- or university-wide committees and projects.
Job Title Name: Administrative Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.($79,188 – $96,602)
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment. To search for this vacancy, click on SEARCH ALL POSTINGS and in SEARCH JOBS field, enter the Job Opening ID number 25428
Click on the “APPLY NOW” button and follow the application instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account.
Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Note, the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter and/ or Statement of scholarly interests
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file– PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on December 7, 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the position/s remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.