The Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc. (HITN) and the Center for Puerto Rican Studies (CENTRO) at Hunter College, CUNY are proud to announce the Spring 2024 scholarship for Hunter College students majoring in media, production, journalism, or film.
The Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc. (HITN) is the largest Spanish-language public broadcasting network in the United States. It delivers educational programming to over 35 million homes nationwide and reaches over 40% of US households. HITN has pledged a $10,000 grant to the Center for Puerto Rican Studies to support students who demonstrate a strong interest in Puerto Rican/Latine subject matter and media production. For the Spring 2024 semester, each individual scholarship will be in the amount of $2,500.
Payments will be disbursed on a payment schedule; at the end of the semester, the recipient will receive a certificate of completion.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at Hunter College and have demonstrated interest in digital storytelling. We particularly encourage applicants from media studies and journalism, but also from fields like Anthropology, Sociology, History, Africana, Puerto Rican, and Latino Studies.
- Complete a scholarship application form
- Submit one work sample, examples of possible submission types:
- A copy or link to an original published article or blog post you have written for class or media outlet with your by-line on the article.
- A URL link or transcript of a broadcast program you have written or produced for a class or media outlet.
- A link to a narrative video created for class, media outlet, or personal site.
- Include a one-page proposal for a media product that highlights an item from the CENTRO Library and Archives collection. Learn more about the CENTRO Library and Archives at Library & Archives | CentroPR (cuny.edu)
- Provide the name of one Hunter College professor with whom you have worked or studied with in the past.
All requested application items must be uploaded to the following link by February 23, 2024: CENTRO AND HITN MEDIA ARTS SCHOLARSHIP