CENTRO’S DATA HUB generates robust research and analysis using publicly available data, like the U.S. Census Bureau and other federal agencies to provide information to scholars, policy makers and the public in general. Our interactive reports use data visualization tools and web maps to illustrate major points and changes within the Puerto Rican population both in Puerto Rico and throughout the United States, by disseminating research and policy briefs and other relevant information about the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, economic crisis and post-disaster recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and in stateside Puerto Rican communities. Our Hub offers a unique opportunity to connect and collaborate with outside researchers on investigations, publications, and events.
- The tasks the hired candidate will be required to undertake include: Assists conducting research, conducting spatial analysis and creating maps for research projects, database management, compiles and drafts summary reports and research briefs, assisting in the creation of tables and charts for publication, assisting in creating PowerPoint presentations, assisting in basic quantitative data analysis and the individual may also work on other research-related tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS software with experience with ArcGIS Pro 10.6 & ArcGIS online
- Conduct GIS analyses to assess spatial components of demographic conditions and trends
- Demonstrated ability of data transfer, geocoding, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory
- Knowledge of creating dashboards using ESRI suites and/or Tableau
- Knowledge of Python
- Create and execute programs to download, process, and construct datasets from variety of federal, state, and local sources.
- Must have excellent research skills, thorough statistics background, knowledge of organizational models, and ability to work in team projects.
- Experience conducting research in the academic setting and knowledge of Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of basic spatial analysis (cartography and computer mapping is a plus)
- Experience creating web-based maps using ArcGIS Online (desired)
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a response to the following question: Describe why you are the ideal candidate for this job and tell us about any skills or experience you have that might be helpful in this position. Finally, attach copies or links to relevant work samples you would like us to consider.